After the successful and well attended LJR Installation last 13 November, there are more activities planned [aside from usual District 32 Lodges' activities & fund raising!]:
1. 20 Nov [Saturday] - Lodge Education 814 Installation at the Egyptian Room, Petersham Royal Arch Masonic Temple, 23-25 New Canterbury Road, Petersham. Tyling is at 6:30 PM, ladies are invited. Our Wor Master, VWBro Fidel pamplona will be leading the fraternal.
2. 20 - 21 Nov [Saturday & Sunday] - Lodge Horizons & Lodge Jose Rizal will have a 'East meets West' BBQ & fellowship at 80 Grange Avenue, Schofields starting at 11:00 AM. Those brethren wishing to stay overnight are advised to bring tents, according to VWBro Manny Maniago & WBro Kristan Regalado.
3. 27 Nov [Saturday] - Lodge Star of Australia 200 Installation at the Hurlstone Park Masonic Centre, 67 Duntroon Street, Hurlstone Park NSW 2193. Tyling is at 6:00 PM with the ladies invited. Bro Joe Cassar will be installed in the chair and VWBro Fidel Pamplona will be the Grand Director of Ceremonies on the night. IPM, VWBro Manny Maniago or our Senior Warden, WBro Rudy Romerosa will then lead the Lodge Jose Rizal fraternal.
4. 3 Dec [Friday] - Combined Lodge Christmas Celebration with Lodge Baulkham Hills at the Castle Hill Masonic Centre, tyling at 7:15 PM. this is Lodge Baulkham Hills 535th Regular Meeting and Ladies Christmas Night.
5. 19 Dec [Sunday] - Lodge Management Meeting & 3rd Degree Rehearsal at The Castle Hill Masonic Centre, 6:00 PM.
Friday, November 19, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
VWBro Fidel Pamplona with Sis Pen.
Thank you for entrusting to me the leadership of this young and vibrant Lodge [in the District]. As your Worshipful Master, "Teamwork" and "Network" are my first two guiding words to run our Lodge. As I, may represent the Wisdom of this Lodge, our Officers are the Strength; but the most important part is your individual roles as model members - will represent the Beauty of this Lodge!
[Brethren], there are many who perhaps in our members are wondering 'Where and what is my role in the Lodge?' Their questions: 'How can I impart my knowledge for the improvement of the Lodge?' 'Can I participate during the Management Committee Meetings?' Should I wait to be asked?'
Brethren, our Lodge is run by its members; from the Wor Master to the Entered Apprentices. Every member must contribute for the improvement of our Lodge - positive [and constructive] comments, attending rehearsals, taking understudies and participating in social activities are all signs of good qualities needed in our Lodge. Your participation and attendance therefore is a hundred percent required and [that our Lodge will be] surely lead to a Lodge of Excellence and a source of pride for our culture.
Who should be the Executive Officers of a Lodge? Doubtless these should include; at the very least, the Wor Master, Senior and Junior Wardens, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership and masoniCare [Caring] Officers. These officers should be capable of dealing with most issues [associated with their offices] that require an immediate response without the necessity of waiting to be dealt with in the next Business or Regular meeting.
Our social activities will be structured to provide a sufficient and balanced variety of social events to satisfy all members. We will invite our partners to socials and obtain commitment that they will in fact attend.
We will therefore work together to bring out the best in each of us; and then we apply our skills to help others. We will work on the 'network' to meet people, find our future resources and make connections in the community.
VWBro Fidel Pamplona, AGDC
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Above, our outgoing Wor Master: VWBro Manny Maniago, AGDC*, and always there to support him, Sis Remy.
Sis Remy and I wish to express our heartfelt thanks to the brethren and their ladies; who in one way or another contributed to the success of Lodge Jose Rizal activities. Likewise, I personally thank you my brethren for your trust in allowing me to serve you as your Foundation Worshipful Master. I am forever grateful for that privilege.
We have introduced innovations to our lodge's meetings and involved our ladies in the social functions of the lodge. We are a growing lodge and a progressive lodge; and it is my hope that we will maintain that enthusiasm. I would like to encourage each brother to continue evaluating improvements for our lodge and to continue to participate in our lodge, district and Grand Lodge activities.
I would like to welcome VWBro Fidel Pamplona, AGDC, as the new and first Worshipful Master-Elect of Lodge Jose Rizal. I trust that he will enjoy his term of office as much as I have. I hope you will extend to Bro Fidel and Sis Pen the same level of support as you have extended to me and Sis Remy during my term.
Brethren we look forward to the future - that of Lodge Jose Rizal as a Lodge of Excellence, a Family Lodge and a Lodge existing in Peace, Love and Harmony.
Again, my heartfelt thanks for the opportunity to serve you as your Foundation Worshipful Master.
VWBro Manny Maniago, AGDC [PDGIW]
*Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies